27 Apr TCR South America updates its schedule for the 2021 season
TCR South America updates its schedule for the 2021 season
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 | Due to the travel restrictions imposed by the health situation of Covid 19 in the region and in agreement with CODASUR, the 2021 calendar of the TCR South America had to be modified. ESPN and FOX Sports Brasil will televise events for Brazil live. While Carburando will do the same for Argentina, through TyC Sports. Also, through the TCR TV platform, the races will be broadcast live via streaming to the rest of the world.
The championship will begin on June 26 and 27 in Interlagos (Brazil). The legendary Brazilian Formula 1 circuit will be the ideal setting to kick off the TCR South America season. The event will be shared with the emblematic Brazilian Truck Cup, who will be carrying out the their second event of their calendar, which will provide an unbeatable setting for the first event of the year.
The dates of the two endurance events for the inaugural season were also updated. They will be event No. 2 in Curitiba (Brazil) and event No. 5 in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
Calendar 2021 – TCR South America *:
1. Brazil – Interlagos – June 26/27
2. Brazil – Curitiba – July 24/25 (Endurance Event – 2 drivers)
3. Brazil – Velopark – August 28/29
4. Uruguay – Rivera – September 11/12
5. Argentina – Buenos Aires – 02/03 October (Endurance Event – 2 drivers)
6. Argentina – TBC – October 30/31
7. Argentina – TBC – November 13/14
8. Chile / Argentina – TBC – 04/05 December
* This calendar is subject to changes related to the situation of Covid-19 in the region and the televising of the category.
For further information please contact: